This 2 day communications skills training workshop provides participants with the tools, skills and confidence required to maximise the impact of their communications inside and outside the workplace. They will be able to communicate effectively and persuasively to influence the thinking and actions of stakeholders in their organisation. Participants will be armed with the knowledge, tools and frameworks that will enable them to increase the impact of their communications. They will learn about the effect of communication styles, preferences, differences and different communication channels. Communicating in challenging situations will be addressed. This is a VILT (Virtual Instructor Led Training) designed programme that blends research, theory, tools, experience and practice to allow participants to learn skills and techniques that they can apply in the virtual and physical workplace.
Participants who are introverts and extroverts, who wish to develop their one-to-one and one-to-many team communication competencies. We will deliver on developing your communication knowledge, skills, attitude and habits. Project members from any function. Sales and customer-facing people as well as anyone who works in teams.
After this programme you will be able to:
- Understand the everyday barriers to effective communication
- Appreciate the important elements of effective face-to-face communication, and how to use them to be a confident communicator
- Hone your questioning skills to obtain better information
- Increase active listening skills so that you clearly understand messages
- Recognise the barriers to effective communication
- Recognise different personality types and how to adapt your communication style
- Deal with difficult questions/situations in a professional and structured manner
- Learn how to be assertive so that you influence and persuade people whilst building and maintaining rapport
- Give and receive effective feedback
- Understand and apply the psychology of influencing techniques
- Think effectively under pressure
- Be equipped with tools to deal with different behaviours
- Present and communicate key messages with personal impact
- Influence the thinking and actions of others
Our interactive practical courses and learner centred approach, combined with small class sizes, provide the very best virtual learning environment for participants. We focus on skills development by closing the gaps on knowledge, sharing and applying best practices in learning and development. Participants leave our programs with increased confidence and armed with behaviours and tools that can be applied in the workplace. Post-training we provide further support through group and individual coaching/mentoring to maximise behaviour transfer into the workplace. This makes for a far better training investment.
Included in the programme and the financial investment will be a 1 hour remote support (via Zoom or phone or email) for participants. They will also be invited to a 90 minute follow-up Zoom workshop approximately 1 month after the initial training in order to support them as they transfer the new knowledge and behaviours into the workplace. These 2 best practice steps in training are strongly recommended by Cumara Performance for delivering better results for the team.
- Relevant communications theories and models
- Understanding most personalities with Transactional Analysis
- Listening and questioning skills for greater understanding
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Ensuring clarity by avoiding the main communication mistakes
- Testing your own assumptions
- Influencing as a skill – 4 imperatives
- The psychology of influencing others
- Presenting yourself – some pillars
- Assertiveness as a skill
- Dealing with difficult conversations, people and situations